Join the LUBC (or Contribute)
Become a Member, Renew your Membership, or just Contribute!
Membership in the Law Union of British Columbia is open to anyone who agrees to abide by the principles and purposes of the organization.
Membership is donation-based. We encourage all interested persons to become a using this page and donate to support the work of the LUBC.
Benefits of Membership in the Law Union of BC:
- Become part of a direct connection between activist community and legal community
- Collaborate with like-minded members on law-related activism
- Receive a monthly newsletter
- Learn about social justice actions, events, job postings
- Educational materials and events
- Ability to join Working Groups, take an active role in substantive work of the organization
- Vote at annual general meetings
- Access mentorship opportunities
- Stickers and Buttons!
- Solidarity with the legal and activist communities
- Chat with us on the LUBC Slack
Membership Tiers + Terms
Membership in the Law Union of British Columbia is on a sliding scale. Pay what you can - nobody will be denied membership for lack of funds.
We recommend the following amounts:
- $20 annually for income-earning persons.
- $5 annually for students/low-income folks.
- $50 or more from generous contributors hoping to multiply our efforts.
If you can't afford to pay, please click here to join the Law Union of BC free of charge!
We also encourage sustaining (monthly) contributions. If you would like to provide more than the recommended amount, we would be grateful.
Membership Term: 1 calendar year - lasts until 2021 Annual General Meeting